Saturday, February 11, 2012

This Mama needs..

You know sometimes mama just needs a day out!!!
Man I need to do something with my HAIR!!

That's right you heard me. Its way overdo too.
And listen I LOVE my babies but I also know that to be the best mama I can be I need to make time for myself…
Which is why today leaving Violet with papa&grams never sounded sweeter....
why does even typing that make me feel guilty??..
I think I know but I don't want to own that feeling. You see I want to pretend that I'm superwoman. I want to be all things at all times. I want to meet every ones needs. I want to say that I never get tired of being a full time mom of 4. But lets face it you know I'd be lying…
I'm just trying to do my best and leaving room for God to do the rest in me and through me so I can really be a blessing to my family and friends. When I start to unravel at the seams I know its been to long since I've taken sometime for just me. And this just makes me angry at myself for waiting that long to..aaaghhhh OK enough guilt! 
MOVING ON to the sweetest of news…
ITS DATE NIGHT:)
yep and its been AWHILE too. We have had many weekends
away but its been with the whole clan in a tiny hotel room..yeah 
not exactly a recipe for ROMANCE..NOPE!

So here sits this tired mama pumping milk like nobodies business so that her sweet baby can make it through the night without her..
*tears* I have been away from her twice now overnight and I still burst into tears on our date night at least once.
My hubby understands and lets me cry it out:)
I'm sore and typing at the same time geez I'm talented!LOL
NO but seriously being a mom is work and since its work and yes the most amazing privilege we will ever have on this earth. 
Keep in mind that your sanity and heart is so precious to your family too. 
Take care of yourself. Treat yourself to something that makes your heart glad.Go out with your girlfriends. Go and get a babysitter for the kids and have a date night with your man. And don't just wait till Valentines day for romance either..
that's a whole other post! 

 Anyways I hope you have a lovely Saturday night lovelies!
Because this girls got a date with her BOYFRIEND..:)

Now what to wear???:)

with much love. this girls journey

10 comments:

  1. Have a GREAT night!!!!! I can't wait for the day when we can get out and go on an OVER NIGHT, but I SO CAN RELATE to the sobbing missing them. :)

    Love you much & I am so happy you get to gooooo!

    Also. read Sacred Parenting.... rocking my world right now about "guilt"

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha cute... date with her boyfriend! yaaay!! i know the feeling! =) busy moms, lots of noise. badly need a night out. i had one last night (without hubby)...went and saw the vow . loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I'm glad you are getting a night out with your boyfried ;)
    Have a fun date! =)
    Great post!
    Much Love,
    L
    (allglorious-within.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful date night! You have a beautiful family! Thanks for finding my blog! Loving yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha i love your blog and your family is simply gorgeous! xo nice to meet you!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love you! Hope you had a good time away! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so good to get out of the house every once in while! I feel that way and I don't even have kiddies yet! I hope you had a great date! :) Happy early V-day!

    ReplyDelete