Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday:)

"Come and discover the unhurried rhythms of grace". from 
Abundant Simplicity by Jan Johnson= A must READ!!:)
These are the magnified words on this book i've been relishing this week.
Its been a challenging read. I put it down often to think and reflect so much. 
I want to be changed and transformed. I desire abundant simplicity. 
A life that is more deliberate with my actions and my words..

"To live deliberately means to move slowly, to look people in the eyes when they speak to us and to follow up on the ideas that the spirit has possibly nudged us with. We find more satisfaction in this than in getting things done(being productive, acquiring more things or obtaining other's approval".

Finding this book was no accident. I was praying about something very 
specific that i needed help with and wisdom. 
And like the sweet father God is he answers and delivers.

I was in a very productive trap all morning. I think i only gave myself a couple of minutes of devotional time and then i was of trying to tackle my to do list..clean bedrooms,laundry,dishes, make another grocery list,check emails,finish Etsy stuff,eat lunch..yes i actually write down eat lunch! So you get the picture. I wanted to get this all done before 3. 

But I stopped and realized where I was going with all this. Because in my heart i felt rushed and unsettled and unhappy. I looked over at Violet who was rolling over and i just wanted to sit with her and play…so i did:)
And we played patty cake her favorite, that brings loads of giggles and pick a boo which brings even more. This little girl loves to laugh.
After that we cuddled on the couch and we fell asleep with her little pudgy fingers over my face, it was heavenly.
 As i woke up i had a feeling like the one you get when someone is watching you and sure enough a pair of the most 
beautiful blue eyes was watching me sleep.
I could have missed this all.
And truly I don't want to miss a thing!!!

Happy thursday lovelies!!
with much love, this girls journey

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aligna!
    I stumbled across your blog right now and read this post and it made me stop dead in my tracks. I literally was almost in tears tonight because I just feel like I have too much on my plate and I'm so stressed out and I feel like I just can't handle it anymore. I'm having that "something's got to give" feeling.
    God works in the most beautiful ways. I've seen ads for your blog before and just never stopped by for some reason. But now I know it's because I was supposed to click on your ad at just this very moment and read this. I sincerely want to thank you for giving me some perspective tonight.

    katelyn-innervision.blogspot.com

    - Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katelyn you welcome honey!! God amazes me still how he can draw us in and reach us even through a simple blog to touch someones heart..:)

      Delete