Tuesday, May 29, 2012

YUM YUM Foodie Expert Guest Post!

I want to introduce you to my dearest friend Jessica over @One Sweet Life 
I've been wanting her to guest post for some time 
She's the sweetest person i know she blogs about her life as a mama of 4 and often shares one of her great gifts of cooking. Her recipes inspire me to cook and it just so happens i need inspiring in that area 
big time!! She is one AMAZING cook
i mean she is the kind of chef that makes food look oh so PRETTY!! and it just also happens to be 
delish too!!
And here today she's sharing with you a great recipe: ENJOY
Hello Friend!
I am SO honored that you'd ask me to do some guest posting! Thanks for this amazing opportunity!  So sorry it's taken me forever in getting back to you. The sickness in my house has taken all my spare time  
So I was thinking that I could do my Crustini recipe! 


Crustinis
One loaf of French bread or other similar bread
3-4 tomatoes diced
a nice size bunch of fresh Basil(about 1/4 cup finely chopped)
salt & pepper 
2 cloves fresh garlic finely diced
Mozzarella, Parm , or other Italian cheese shredded
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1.Preheat oven to 350
2. Slice your bread into 1/2 inch slices and arrange on a baking sheet
3. In medium size bowl mix tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper to taste and set aside. Let sit for a 1-2 min and drain extra juice off.
4. Drizzle olive oil over each slice of bread 
5. Spoon some mix onto each piece of bread making sure to divide evenly among the bread.
6. Sprinkle with cheese evenly as well
7. Bake in oven for 8-12 min or until edges are toasted and cheese is melted.
8. ENJOY!!
These are good as an appetizer or as a meal with a side salad. these can be made all year long. I love how they remind me of summer in the winter and in the summer are easy and light!  I hope you like them as much as my family and I do!


Thanks again!! :) 
Love 
Jess

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day
mine was spent sleeping in and enjoying friends, watching the kids swim and make 
clay art from papa's pond..oh to be a kid again:)!

P.S Be sure to check out Jessicas blog @One Sweet LIfe and say hello

Happy Tuesday friends and God Bless!
with much love, this girls journey
xoxo-aligna

1 comment: