Thursday, November 29, 2012

Simple things

Simple things can bring so much JOY.

The everyday simple things
simple things like my boys laughing and playing with their little Violet.
How they care for their sisters and help me so much
How Jasmine dances and twirls like an angel and has blossomed so much this year already
How Violet calls for me "Ma Ma MOM!! That brings me so much joy really i LOVE it!
Joy comes in the form of sweet words of encouragement from my hubby & how he always calls me
to ask if i want any of my favorite treats from the store. And if i have forgotten something i wanted he remembers.. now that's pretty special:)

I really can't help but search for those simple things to find joy in
and dwell on the good things in my life
We can be more intentional about reaching for those simple joys taking them in & being grateful, present, joyful, its possible and I'm seeing that more and more as I've gotten older.

And I'm finding that taking note of this and praying over all i have to be thankful for expands my heart makes it easier to exercise finding Joy in the simple everyday things.
When i was a younger and new mama i felt lost in the everyday things it felt so routine and i was so unsure and insecure being a young mom & wife that finding joy in the everyday things was hard.
I was really in survival mode most days. I wish i could go back 11 years ago and hold my baby boys longer really & stop worrying over it all and just enjoy them. But i can't and that's OK too. Because that's life we live & learn and hopefully we become a better version of our self as time goes by.
Thanks be to God for bringing me through that time in my life, teaching me and molding me through it all. Thankful for the simple joys he's given me. For that's exactly what i plan on doing for the rest of my life. Finding joy everyday in the simple and even the not so simple things around me.

Embracing the camera today with an oldie but a great one:)
These are my not so simple joys.. no my friends they are GREAT JOYS!!!

Many blessings to you and yours!!
xoxo-aligna




1 comment:

  1. So thankful for your sweet encouraging friendship & blog! :)

    ReplyDelete