Thursday, March 28, 2013

A dream come true

Spring break came and went so fast!!
For me it was the most relaxing and treasured break for the kids that I can remember having enjoyed this much. And now April is around the corner if you can believe it! I m truly counting down the days till summer starts.

Recently our family took a a little trip to Arizona for our cousins wedding. It was so wonderful on so many levels. It just so happened that the wedding was going to land on the weekend of my birthday so another (unintentional destination birthday this time) was going to happen for me. 
When we left home this is our beautiful view mind you but a heck of a lot colder then what I'm about to show you;)


This is what awaited us..
Arizona did not disappoint , it delivered its sunny skies and desert beauty and then some

 which leads to a dream coming true for me. I was going to see the Grand Canyon on my birthday.
Sedona Mountains

Flintstones Park anyone?

The road going towards Grand Canyon..up the Mountains..I was terrified 

This was the moment i realized i left the battery for my Canon at the house...yep i did that
 so i was had to rely on the good old iPhone to capture this day

Capturing Elijah capturing his Dino pic...he didn't want anyone in any of his pictures he took with his disposable camera. Hilarious!


It was so unreal, amazing, majestic and glorious.  

This tree so neat also it was a safe place to take a group picture:)


I cried tears of joy and fear. Joy that i was finally here and here with my family sharing this beautiful moment. Fear that my kids or one of my family members would fall of the cliff brought me to tears though.
I cried and then I did my best to not freak out again:)...I didn't in fact i got close to the edge again and took more pictures with my cool iPhone

It was an emotional day for me. I cried off and on throughout the day feeling fragile about how meaningful this birthday was to me. Last year i was no where near this emotional about my birthday and then all of sudden a week before my birthday i started to reflect so much on this day coming..I was going to turn 31. I remember my mom being that age. weird. I remember when certain friends turned that age and at that time it seemed to be so far off for me to be there embarking into my thirties myself.
A little bit of fear mixed in with excitement came when i went to God for clarity and determination to make this next decade of my life even more full with love, freedom, to give more and not just with my resources but with my time. I want to be stretched more to push past my comfort zone.
Not living in my comfort zone is my thing this year. Its my favorite


Many blessings to you and yours, Good Friday is tomorrow praying its a great one:)
xoxo, Aligna


1 comment:

  1. Yes to Flintstone Park!!! Love that you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete