Monday, April 29, 2013

Come to me as a child

 I prayed for joy and i think i literally got it in the form of this little bundle of JOY! All my children have taught me something of the heart of God. In each of kids characters and personality they have shown me something of myself and then sometimes something else entirely that i had know idea i needed in my life. But "Joy" this level of child like faith is being shown to me through our little Violet


I remember praying for joy in the hardest season of my life to date. And it was so hard to be present during that time in my life, i had no idea how God could bring Joy to me when i was so heart broken about my life. Looking back i can see how selfish and blind i was to how truly blessed i already was. And because of that i believed a lie about myself that robed me of the joy i so desperately needed..


She comes to me and well just about everyone else she comes in contact with shinning bright joy. She comes expecting love and gives it with her little chubby arms wrapped around you patting your back, wanting to comfort you more then thinking of herself. She trust and depends on me completely. She worships with arms stretched high mimicking others at church and singing along with pure joy. She doesn't think twice about showing love or giving joy.  Jeez VioletJoy i want to be just like you!

 OK God I feel it, I feel this unexplained joy, delight and immense thankfulness for the life i have. I see you showing me her joy and therefore teaching me to embrace this and claim this joy for myself. The joy of having family surrounding me, the friendships that are growing, the lessons that were hard to learn and the ones I'm still laying at your feet and crying out for your help in.
 I'm a brutiful mess but i love my life, this story that's playing out before me. I'm doing my best to come to you God as a child,  your child:)

She really has the best brothers ever!
And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:2-4 
Joy.

Praying you not just encounter Joy but that you fight for it!

Happy Monday to you and God bless you and yours,
xoxo-Aligna


2 comments: