Thursday, April 18, 2013

How we do spring


We dream and pray for it to come that's how!!
I can only imagine what summer will feel like (insert dreamy look here;) Yes i can only imagine because our forecast this week said to prepare for 30's... Um yeah so Imagining and dreaming it's all I've got folks

In fact I've been imagining it with earnest daydreaming pleasure..oh the things i have already dreamed of doing. The summer 2013 list is long. Already there is weddings, family vacations and projects from last years summer, fall season are spilling into this summer. Our weekends have started to fill up but I've pulled back a little i don't want to plan for every single minute, there needs to be room for spontaneous things...the great things like the last minute road trips and the quite restful summer night fire. oh Summer i miss you!




The weather was just beginning to warm up here so we felt the need to be brave. Jasmine is all about her bow and showing me her skills and it became a sweet hour of "mom did you see that? mom take a picture of me shooting it this way." And then we lost her arrow and a piece of her only arrow left broke off against a tree. Pure drama and heartbreak soon followed because never did find the missing piece or arrow. It was great while it lasted and shopping for arrows is now in my near future



Hope
My heart just skipped a beat

Future Michael Jordons?... They've been bitten by the basketball passion. They have big plans for the summer to practice daily...we shall see


On a whole other note I've been reading "Cold Tangerines" by Shauna Niequist. I had heard that all of her books are great so I'm starting with this one. And let me tell it doesn't disappoint! 
I'll leave you with these words from her book that have already taken root in my soul

"I don't want to wait anymore. I choose to believe that there is nothing more sacred or profound than 
this day." 

"Maybe some of what we're doing here is representing the goodness and love of God in tangible ways. You're showing that love to the people in your life and then sometimes they're showing it to you, and when your friend isn't going to make it to the edge of the pool, you jump in with your clothes on and swim next to her."

"The big moments are in every hour, every conversation, every meal, every meeting."


God bless! 
xoxo-Aligna


No comments:

Post a Comment