Thursday, August 22, 2013

A date

I decided awhile ago that if dating your significant other was a intentional way of reconnecting and that it works and helps your marriage relationship flourish then maybe this was something that i could do with all my relationships in a way. And really why not. Ive learned in the last year or so that the kids crave this kind of one on one time with me or their dad too.

So i date them:)
I make it special even if its just as little as taking them to coffee and playing iPad games..(which is not really my thing but its theirs and this date is all about showing them love, and that i care about what brings them joy. So mama does it

She kills me with her witty one liners and is it just me or can you see how she's starting to look a lot more like me lately..
her Dracula teeth just kill me!

My little introverted sweet spirited girl it takes time to get you to talk about whats on your heart, but when you start sharing i inwardly shout for joy.

Night walks are starting to get cooler and darker earlier so we are starting are bedtime routines soon to get in the full swing of this new school year

Routine you&I have a love and hate relationship but i think as I'm getting older I'm making peace with that. I am not as hard on myself for those off days when my routine goes off kilter and the baby or kids just need more of me. I can't get this time back and I'm trying to hold on to that truth everyday.


Your stretching me God i feel it

I am yearning for a bigger house maybe 
more kids (adopt) that need a family yes
A dream coming true i Hope
All in your time God. I'm trusting him with it all, every time i start to get anxious and i want to jump ahead i come back to the truth he's spoken into my life and that's all i need to keep moving onward into this marvelous brutiful journey called "life".


God bless you & yours on this rainy but beautiful Thursday:)
xoxo-Aligna


5 comments:

  1. This is a really gorgeous post. God is always stretching us, but also always protecting us. And I think "dates" with your children is such a good idea! It's a great way to have one on one time with them, and make them feel special. X http://janeheinrichs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...the stretching so good and yet so pulling. Praying God opens those doors for the dreams of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...the stretching so good and yet so pulling. Praying God opens those doors for the dreams of your heart!

    ReplyDelete